Wednesday, July 16, 2014

June Ministry Update 2014

Saludos from Mexico!!

Hello Ministry Partners and greetings from me and
my new Avance Summer team!

I am very pleased to be writing to you all after the storm of training, orientation, and all other transitions have been made here in Mexico City.  It feels great to have such a big team in full swing here and it is great to see the new participants' confidence/language/etc. growing in this culture that is so new to them!

Thank you for praying for the preparation process, which took almost the entire month of May to get completely ready for the participants.  We had many church visits, meetings with pastors, and great meals with the families who are now hosting these participants.  After all that hard work is done it was great to see the new participants transition into the culture and start their own journeys, like I had done way back in September.

The summer ahead of our team as leadership will be challenging as we will be serving as facilitators through this cross-culturally learning process as well as coaches/mentors for the new Avancistas to help process the experience that they have been dropped into.  Please pray that all of us can be great ambassadors for Christ in this season for all of the local Mexican churches and ministries!
Preparing a warm "Bienvenidos" to our Summer Participants.
New friends to the ministry that I am excited to mentor these two months!!
Summer Leaders taking a "siesta" from the week long training in Kikoten.
As my last email had mentioned, the past season really allowed  me to trust in Christ and learn that He truly is in complete control not only of my ministry but of my life as well.  Just as the new participants of Avance have seen God be so faithful in their needs while preparing to get here, I too have experienced how God proved himself to me the past couple months.  This has given me the confidence to consider this ministry of mine as a full-time career and is a very exciting opportunity.  I ask that you please keep this in your prayers as I walk through the tail end of the year out here in Mexico City!

Since we are walking into a season that requires myself and the other YearOutters a lot of energy, wisdom, and patience, I ask for you to pray with me for the following:

-That we feel energized & filled by the Spirit while guiding us while pouring into others.
-That the students who have just arrived can be passionate for this country & city.
-That the Lord's will can be shown to me more clearly as I wrap up my first year.
-Wisdom and guidance from the Lord as we are mentoring these young adults.
-That a few individuals that are here now may be called to experience  the year out.

I often send my own prayer requests and I am so incredibly blessed by that.  I want to be able to bless you the same, so please, if you have any prayer request please send them to me via email at erikhamiltoncole@gmail.com

I praise God for you all who are reading this email and rejoice in the ministry partners that the Lord has led to this ministry.  Thank you for you prayers and constant support while I am serving on ground here in Mexico City.

Many Blessings,
Erik Cole! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment